If you have recently upgraded your Windows powered machine to the latest Windows 10 operating system or if you recently bought a Windows 10 powered machine, and if you are confused on how to actually display back or show hidden files in Windows 10 then today we are here with a guide that will detail on all the required procedures to show hidden files in Windows 10 powered devices.
But before explaining the different methods following which you can show hidden files in Windows 10, we will first take you through the procedures required to set any file on your Windows 10 powered device into the hidden state. And below is how to set files to “Hidden” mode on Windows 10.
How to Hide Files in Windows 10?
Here is the shortest guide that will help you hide any files on Windows 10 with ease:
- First of all, select the file that you wish to hide.
- Now, click on the Right Mouse Button after selecting the file you wish to hide.
- From the drop down menu that appears, select the “Properties” option.
- From the Properties option, under the “General” section you will be able to find the “Attributes” section.
- Under Attributes, there are two check boxes available. One is to set the file you have selected to a “Read-only” mode and the other “Hidden” checkbox is to hide the file that you have selected.
- Click on the checkbox next to the “Hidden” option to hide the file that you have selected.
- Click on the “Apply” button followed by the “OK” button, both of which can be found at the bottom right corner of the menu box.
How to Show Hidden Files on Windows 10?
Below are the different methods following which you will be able to show hidden files on the Windows 10 operating system without facing any hassles.
- In the Windows 10 search box that is present in the task bar to the left bottom corner of your display, search for “File Explorer”.
- From the results of the search, launch the “File Explorer” desktop application.
- Once the File Explorer is launched, click on the “View” option which can be found at the top most menu bar of the File Explorer window.
- After switching to the View mode, tick the checkbox next to the option that says “Hidden Items” in order to view the files that are hidden on your Windows 10 PC.
- The second method to view hidden files on Windows 10 includes launching the Control Panel window. Control Panel can be launched by searching for the keyword “Control Panel” within the search bar placed in the left bottom corner of your windows desktop taskbar and launching the “Control Panel” desktop app from the search results.
- After launching the Control Panel window, navigate to the “Appearance and Personalization” settings and then choose “File Explorer option”.
- Now, switch to the “View” tab from the top menu bar of the window that appears.
- Under the “Advanced Settings” menu, scroll down until the “Hidden Files and Folders” option is seen. Once you find the option, checkmark the box next to the “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives” option to see all hidden files on your Windows 10 powered PC.
Did you find the above article on how to show hidden files in Windows 10 helpful? Then do not hesitate in sharing this article across your social media profiles to help others who may also be unaware on how to show hidden files on Windows 10. Moreover, in the case of any queries regarding the tutorial above, please leave them as comments below.
In case you liked the above article on how to view hidden files in Windows 10, then we highly recommend you to subscribe to our website so as to receive updates on all the latest helpful content posted on this website.